giovedì 8 ottobre 2009

CITAZIONI..

Pillole di saggezza, semplici esperienze, aneddoti..
Chiamatele come volete. In ogni caso il mondo del jiu-jitsu brasiliano e dello sport più in generale ne è pieno e alcune vale proprio la pena di riportarle!!
"If you know how to teach kids you can teach anybody" Zé Beleza
"A true athlete knows perfectly what goes on in his own body" Emil Zatopek
"Cowardice is a state of spirit that has never made it through the doors of our academy" Grandmaster Carlos Gracie
"Having it easy makes you weak. I have to suffer, to take it out on the guy when I'm in the ring" Renzo, on giving up first class on the plane taking him to Pride
"In my life I’m never competing to be better than someone else, I’m always competing with myself" Ricardo Cachorrão
"It was the first time I didn’t fear my opponent, and the first time I lost" George Foreman, about his fight vs. Ali, in 1974
"Live each day as though it were the last. One day you’ll get it right" Luis Fernando Verissimo, writer, simplifying the samurais’ ideal
"Under the bandage on my ear is a chip that automatically translates the instructions from Portuguese to Japanese" Kazushi Sakuraba
"If I were on the plane, I’d let them know: 'If you want to hijack this plane, you’ll need something more than those knives'" Chuck Liddell, after 9/11/2001
"Folks still confuse courage with stupidity and caution with cowardice" Sérgio Ignávio, policeman and black belt
"That doesn’t change the fact that I didn’t fight well and lost that night. I don’t want them to give me the belt back, I’d rather fight for it" Randy Couture, after Josh Barnett was caught doping, in 2002
"Helio Gracie was Brazil's first sports hero. Dad was shaking things up 30 years before Pele was born" Rorion Gracie
"In anything in life, you always have two options: you can either be the best or just one more in the crowd. I always wanted to win" Roger Gracie, still a brown belt
"Now and again I recall an old teacher of mine who’d scold me for the slightest altercation at school: ‘Fighting’s not going to get you anywhere! You’ll never be anybody if you keep fighting!’ I’d give anything to see her face now" Renzo Gracie, in the United Arab Emirates
"Jiu-Jitsu conquered the world for being a martial art less based on methodology and more reliant on cunning" Rilion Gracie
"A coward is not one who runs from combat. A coward is he who even knowing he is superior, hurts someone weaker than him" Bruce Lee
"A fighter should put on a poker body, revealing nothing of his next move to the other" Bruce Lee
"When you train with a beginner for the first time, treat him like a champion: be respectful and don’t go easy on him" Nelsinho Monteiro
"Success relies on minor details to which most pay no attention" Wanderlei Silva